5.14.2009

Time for a new post, yes?

Okay, so besides suffering from severe allergies (thanks to our filthy home and lack of a Kirby) here's what's been keeping us busy the last few weeks--since you're all DYING to know...

At the end of April, my parents came out for Ben's graduation. It was quite memorable for 3 reasons:

A) President Monson spoke.

2) It was UVU's first graduating class (Go Wolves!)

AND

D) UVU now holds the record for longest, most boring, most painful graduation ceremony EVER (except for President Monson's 10 minute talk). Even the graduates lost their enthusiasm by hour 3, and little did they know we still had another hour and a half to go.

Because of my final horrible graduation experience, I would like to put this out there for all to know: I will not be attending any more graduations except for my own children's and even that is questionable.

Anyhow, the day before the marathon graduation, we hit the Tulip Festival (kinda pricey but well worth all the free tulips the kids picked)

Here are the B-E-A-U-tiful (name that movie) pictures I took:

I should be a photographer

Strike a pose

View from Our backyard


Hey Weezie!

After a fun-filled visit with my folks, we headed to St. George for a Jackson Family reunion trip. It was mucho fun. Lots of swimming, sunburns, Ranger rides, relaxing, and eating. We also went to Pioneer Park where I was lucky enough to chaperone the kids through "the narrows". They don't call it the narrows for nothin'. Couldn't even fit my camera in my bra to prove I did it. Ha!


Tyler got this shot on his New Blackberry as we emerged from the narrows. And, yes, I am bragging about Tyler's NEW BLACKBERRY! You see, since the Utah Jazz can't win any kind of important competition, the Blackberry is the next best thing in his life now.


The Pioneer Park Tortoise


Nash LOVES the pool!



****************************************************************************


In other news, Nash has finally started walking "full-time". He has been playing with the idea of walking for about 2 months now, and today, he decided to make it his job.

He's also starting to say more words we can understand like:
he-yuh (here) as he's handing me something
bye-bah (aka--bye-bye--it's way too easy just to repeat the word, so he throws in a new vowel on the second word just to mix it up)
nite nite (he said this once a few nights ago, but now that he's figured out the semantics of it, he refuses to fall for it again. He may be young, but he's not dumb).

He loves the slides at Aunt Erin's house!

12 comments:

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

Just so you know, since you missed my wedding you better be at my graduation. ha ha just kidding. Your posts always make me smile. I love your family.

Brenda said...

I hope you have a riding lawn mower for that backyard! I totally understand the whole graduation misery. When my youngest graduated from HS a couple of years ago, I was beyond thrilled that it would be my last one, then, my son-in-law, Ben, graduated from UVU this year. ARGHH! I ended up babysitting - everyone was happy with that solution - yippee! P.S. Bring a book next time, it helps some.

[Morgan] said...

okay, i have a confession: you are one of the very few that can post a long update, and i actually read it.... it's because you are so freaking entertaining! i love your words. always.
i refuse graduations, i really do.
nash is dashingly handsome. yes he is.

Mari said...

Yes! I came back to graduate at UVU and it was soooo long! I'll admit, I pulled my phone out of my bra to do a little bored-out-of-my-mind texting. So bad, so improper, but I had to protest the interim president and her waxing on somehow.

Julie and Kyle said...

my favorite is A, 2 and D. oh, and liar liar.

Saedi said...

I love it! It's so fun to be caught up on you! And dangit....someone already got the line! I've gotta be quicker!!!

paige said...

Sorry people, B-E-A-U-tiful is not from Liar, Liar. But you're on the right track! Try again...

hOLLIANN said...

I love what you have done with the backyard, although I don't think it is as nice as the giant dirt pile you had last year!

Anna said...

The answer is... Bruce Almighty. Can't wait to see yall SO soon!

paige said...

Thank you Anna. I knew I could count on you since you're an extension of Jon.

Julie and Kyle said...

um, just so you know... i woke up this morning thinking, "wait, did i say liar liar, cause it was totally bruce almighty?" then i got really stressed about it, so im back double checking and turns out i was wrong. apparently, im a little rusty.

Jill Mechling said...

You crack me up!