1.06.2010

A few weeks before...

Every year a few weeks before Christmas, the Jensen's hold the annual family Christmas party. And every year, Santa comes and brings all the great-grand kids a little pre-Christmas present. This year was no exception, and I was curious to see how Nash would react to this "Santa Claus" who is such an enigma to all the youngins.

I was impressed to find that despite his cousin Cher's wailing and gnashing of teeth, he remained quite composed upon Santa's arrival. In fact, Nash was not afraid of Santa at all and even stood in close proximity to him when it wasn't his turn.






When Santa finally called Nash's name (he was the very last one) he literally galloped/hopped/skipped over to Santa and jumped right onto his lap.

Like he'd been doin' it for years.

He sat angelically on Santa's lap, posed for pictures, graciously accepted his gift, and was on his way.

One happy little boy.




Upon Sydney's turn with Santa, we were privileged to find out that she wanted a "Ballerina" for Christmas. "Ballerina" was not on Sydney's original letter to Santa and therefore did not make it to our home Christmas morning. Sheesh. Santa's elves can only produce so many gifts.



Trace's turn with Santa did not reveal anything new. He was desperate for the movie, Ice Age 3. He wanted that as badly as Ralphie wanted a Red Rider BB gun.
Well, since there was no chance of him shooting his eye out with this flick, Santa delivered Ice Age 3 along with many other superb gifts. And, if you ask Trace what his favorite thing he got for Christmas was, he'll immediately tell you... Ice Age 3. It's all about keeping the expectations low my friends.


***More Christmas stories to come. ***
*For all of you who are still wondering about the angel, I hate to disappoint, but I did not purchase her. On Dec. 26th, I had one goal in mind: The tree. I got the tree on clearance--50% off. I'm so glad I waited! Next Christmas will be GlORiOus for the upstairs tree. The ghetto tree downstairs, however, will have to endure one more year, sans the angel.

5 comments:

Erin said...

poor angle it was so excited to come to your house, oh well. now you will beable to look from your kitchen table to the tree and say " i love my tree" haha. Cher needs lessons from nash

Saedi said...

I'm feeling guilty about the angel, because I saw her for 50% off a week or so ago and I thought about calling you to see if you had her yet, but I didn't do it! I'm so sorry, it's all my fault!!! I know what you mean about the "ballerina" thing. Ethan told me for weeks that he was going to ask Santa for a Spongebob computer, then he sat on Santa's lap a few days before Christmas and told him that he wanted "cotton candy" of all things! Luckily, Santa knew better and he was very happy with his Spongebob computer come Christmas morning.

hOLLIANN said...

I think it is a Christmas miracle that you were unable to get the angel...now if she had a disco ball hanging above her fiber optic wings...then you would be talking!

Laura said...

so I'm a little behind as usual with the whole blogging thing but I just LOVE your posts!! How hard to have Tyler gone so long! But that is so funny about the MOMMY stuff...I do agree about the 30 times is a limit. I will vouch for you when your in the institution and plead to stay in! I hope you had a great Christmas, and will wish the angel to you for next year. We need to catch up! I miss you tons and tons!!!!

The Andersen Adventures said...

I'm with you on keeping expectations low! Always a happy humble Christmas at our house, and I love it that way! I added the recipe to my soda cracker candy post - you'll have to see how it compares to yours! Call with questions, and let's get the kids together for another play date so we can visit!