3.22.2010

Goooooo Cougars!


Since I live with BYU's second biggest fan, (first place definitely goes to Braden, who's son's middle name is, "Cougar") I must post on this sad occasion.

Let me first start by thanking all y'all for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time in Tyler's adult life.

I'd like to share a little poem I wrote as sort of a good-bye to this season of BYU basketball:

Cougars, cougars,
You're really NOT losers,

You ended a 17-year drought,
By letting Lloyd and Jimmer out.
At the end there was no "Rise and Shout",
Until next year, Tyler will pout.

Tyler often wonders where his life would go,
If the Cougs would actually vanquish the foe.
No life-changing win tonight,
Maybe in 2011 they'll get it right.

It will be many months long,
Before we get to sing our song...
As for now, we will take down our florescent "Y"
To minimize the sadness of poor, poor Ty.

Rah, rah, rah, rah, rah...
(add your own somber fist pump if you'd like)





I'm not a poet...



7 comments:

Brenda said...

I think that's pretty dang good - and if Tyler is feeling really bad, tell him to imagine my pain, year after year as a die hard Raiders Football Fan.

Holly Park said...

Matt was so pleased with your post that HE sent it to me. Go figure. Matt is blog-hopping while at work. You are too funny and in so many ways I think we live parallel lives! I think Matt was trying to send me a hint to be a more supportive and loving wife and take part in the joys of his life. Thanks for the motivation!

hOLLIANN said...

That's so funny! Tell Tyler next year to just give it up and go for ice cream. It is way more fun, and you don't even have to get worked up!

Megano said...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAaaaa
this is genius.

The Andersen Adventures said...

Love the creative poem!

cAM said...

Poetry...Mmm. You know what I like more than poetry and sports? CORN. Get me some corn, Corn-grilla

Kari Ann said...

This is the best poem I have ever read, you have a gift! i love reading your blog, it's always great!