6.11.2009

Family Vacation

We are back from our East Coast tour!!!

We had a blast on our vacation in May, and got to visit friends and family. Here's a recap of all the places we hit, and the events that took place.

***Important Note: Many, many, many pictures are about to be revealed...I cannot be held responsible if you sustain permanent eye damage from viewing so many amazing photos of my family. Consider yourself warned!

1. Virginia Beach, Virginia

  • Mechling family picture

  • Beach time (surprise, surprise)


  • Pool party with Jon's fiance, Anna, and her family:)



  • Mingled with old friends and neighbors (no pics to prove it though)
  • Played UNO--winner of the VB rounds goes to Kimmie, mainly for keeping her composure and her ability to cordially hang with the competitive Mechlings. She managed to win a few times too.
2. Williamsburg, Virginia
  • Busch Gardens--I L-O-V-E this place!
!

My personal favorite picture trio. Poor Maddy had NO idea. Bad Daddy.

Nash spent the better half of his day naked due to my poor planning and a large poo bomb. He didn't seem to mind though.

Ben proves once again that he can sleep anywhere. Real Nice.

Tyler and friends off to kiddie land...

  • Great Wolf Lodge--AWESOME!


3. Pawleys Island, South Carolina
  • Visited my 92 year-old grandma, Tutta!
  • Lots more beach time.
Sydney's hair was so curly. I loved it!



  • Played UNO--Can't seem to remember who the overall winner of the SC rounds was. So sorry.
4. Columbia, South Carolina (Go COCKS!)
  • Rogers family reunion at Saluda Park



5. Shelby, North Carolina
  • Stayed at Uncle Ron and Aunt Bev's house (I propose to rename their place, Disneyworld's Extension Park, NC)








My second favorite picture trio:



The Race Track
  • Played UNO--I can tell you who won the most games here...that would be me. And I even took home the best prize ever, A WOOD BOWL turned by my own Uncle Ron...Yippeeeee!!!
6. Spartanburg, South Carolina
  • Went to see Ray and Jen's newly remodeled home. Nice work Ray and crew, it looks awesome!
So, there you have it! It was an exhausting trip, but many wonderful memories made. I'd like to thank everyone who made this trip possible, especially Big Ray and Weezie. Thank You! We loved every minute of it!

8 comments:

Julie and Kyle said...

umm, your dad on that bike might be the funniest picture ever.

Brenda said...

So, did you get a Budweiser Visor at Busch Gardens? That was my prize possession as a pre-adolescent in CA, where there was a Busch Gardens also - did I mention I am a convert? Looks like a fun time!

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

What a FUN trip! I love the picture trios LOL!!!:)

Saedi said...

I'm hopeful that in time, my eyes will make a full recovery! I'm so happy to see a post from you, I've been missing you like crazy!!!

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

Paige-wow! What an update! It looks like your trip was a well-deserved blast! I'm so jealous that you went to Busch Gardens. I miss your kiddos. I can't believe how big Nash is! Hopefully you're not suffering too much from the post-trip blues. Life off, corn on, right? : )

emily said...

Nice! I miss Virginia (sometimes--ha). I heard you got to see my parents. Those pictures are great!

The Mechlings said...

I am literally wiping the tears from my eyes, Paige. That picture of Ray and Maddy is the best picture EVER!!! I'm glad you captured that moment!

hOLLIANN said...

What a fun trip...and you are funny to boot...I need a little more humor in my life...I am thinking of moving to the beach!