6.13.2008

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me...

Paige or Sydney?

I'm sure it's hard to guess with the fake 70's foliage in the background!

Since it's my birthday today, I would like everyone to take a brief moment and share five things that you love about me. Please limit it to ONLY five seeing as how I might not have time to read all of them, because I'm going to be very, very busy today.

Doing what, you might ask?

Well, here's how I think it's all going to transpire. Unfortunately, Tyler has to work all day but has graciously volunteered to take Trace and Sydney with him (he's bringing the goodness of sweet corn to all of Utah County). This leaves me with only one infant who I'm sure is going to enjoy watching his momma get pampered. I'm planning a pedicure, manicure, and some other enjoyment that will involve eating large amounts of caramel brownies (my mom-in-law makes the BEST caramel brownies, so I request them every year for my annual birth reminder--I can't wait!).


A big thank you to the movie, Madagascar, for teaching my children this beautiful version of happy birthday!



PS--If you still can't think of FIVE things, feel free to write down five things you love about yourself. Negative comments will be removed immediately by the author!!!!

8 comments:

Megano said...

YES it is your birthday, and I pride myself in the fact that I was one of the first to wish you happy day of birth on this day! I will go the extra mile and I will POST 5 things I love about my Paige! Happy Birthday

The Mechlings said...

Happy Birthday, Pagina!! Hope you are feeling refreshed and relaxed after all the pampering!! I love lotsa things about you ... hmmm, starting with you're a great mom and you never make me feel like a bad mom. You never lose your cool (sometimes I wish you would!!), you're fun and funny and you're my favorite sister-in-law on Ray's side .... for now!! =)

hOLLIANN said...

Happy Birthday

1. Funny
2. Very Funny
3. Very Very Funny
4. Super Funny
5. Did I mention you were funny?

5. Super mom
5. Very pretty
5. You are the #1 Fan of the Utah jazz
5. You can put up with my children
5. You actually do not mind carpooling
5. You live in Connecticut
5. You shop at Costco - and you are a bargain shopper
5. Very Adventurous
5. You like coasters
5. You like the library
5. You are very funny - did I already say that?
5. You make a mean chicken nugget

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

[Morgan] said...

I'm so glad you're not private any longer... woo woo!
1. You rock at bunco. come on, you know it, you ALWAYS go home with something...!!!
2. You have great hair.
3. You use sarcasm exactly as it should be used. Always in good places, resulting in laughter, never confusion.
4. You are funny funny funny, aside from sarcastic...
5. You are a wonderful and gorgeous mommy.
You are a Jazz fan?! Whew, I can admit it then, I am too...

[Morgan] said...

Oh ya, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Erin said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You are sooo wise now! ;)
Here's my five things:
1. Hangs out (and puts up) with me and crazy Cam.
2. Best Uno partner ever...especially off the mainland.
3. Likes yummy gummy candy.
4. Best trip buddy. They are just trees after all.
5. Always fun to be with.
There's plenty more but I don't want you to get too cocky....
love ya girl.

cAM said...

Yahoo!
5 things: How could I ever limit to just 5 things. You're the best!

The Mechlings said...

Hey Paige,

Is it too late to post the five things I love about my favorite sister?

FIVE THINGS PAIGE’S OLDEST AND BEST LOOKING BROTHER LOVES ABOUT HER (ESPECIALLY 11 DAYS AFTER HER BIRTHDAY)

5. Minimal, if any, guilt felt during an “aggressive” play/move of ‘insert game here’. “Aggressive” play is often defined as cheating outside of the Mechling Family, but as the rednecks in NASCAR say, “If ya ain’t cheetin’, ya ain’t tryin’.”
4. I like to think Paige and I share the same esoteric taste in music so of course I love this about her.
3. Counsel from on high be damned- Paige still loves those two little words: “HIT ME!” Yes, I love playing black jack with Paige.
2. I’ve done some not so nice things to Paige during our time under the same roof. (Can I take a moment and apologize for something I said a long time ago? We were both in college, home for Christmas, and engaged in idle chit-chat in our old kitchen. I don’t remember why I said it but I made a remark about Rick’s being nothing more than a community college. It doesn’t sound so bad now but it was an ugly thing to say and I know it really hurt your feelings. I’m sorry.) It is things like this (plus the countless beatings that have given full vindication to the phrase “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”) that I have done to my only little sister. And although she won’t let me forget she still loves me. So I love her back.
1. Did I mention wicked sense of humor? Great mom? Great wife? Great sister? Great friend? All things to love about Paige.