6.25.2008

sPILLED mILK

My dear daughter, Sydney, has an amazing talent for spilling things. If it were an Olympic sport, she would take the Gold. She currently holds the record for consecutive number of spills for a two year-old.

You name it, she's spilled it...I'm not talking just liquids either. She's SPILLED an entire box of Rice Krispies, bowls of cereal, a full container of Nesquick (the powder is REALLY fun to clean up!) snack baggies (this one is particularly tricky), full plates of dinner, and of course, most of her drinks. (Not surprisingly, she's never spilled a bowl of ice cream).

One morning a few months ago I woke up to Sydney drinking from a cup without a lid. "Why would you do this?" I asked Tyler. He knows she's no where near graduating to the coveted lidless cup. But he didn't care, he figured he'd be gone by the time the spill occurred. And he was.

This morning, a new scenario: Sydney is drinking out of her cup-with-a-lid, while eating her cereal with a minimal amount of milk. Trace was eating his breakfast too, with his open-aired drink of OJ. And then, whaddya know? Trace knocks over his juice! Sydney congratulated him on his effort to take her Gold, but quickly reminded him that he was going to have to do much better than that!

10 comments:

The Mechlings said...

that is so funny, Paige!! if only we could snap pictures of those priceless moments!

Melanie said...

I don't buy it. Jackson has the gold locked up. I promise. He even spills juice from his brand new sippy cup! (Of course it was all over a leather stool, right as we were supposed to be heading out the door!)

Seriously, check out my blog. I have many amazing klutz stories. ;)

Unknown said...

Hey Paige, this is so funny! They found something "suspicious" on her mammogram this time and since she already has had breast cancer they were being conservative and sent her for an MRI...she won't hear back till' probably next week so keep her in your prayers! I hope y'all are doing well.

Unknown said...

Sorry the earlier comment sounded funny...your blog was funny, not my mom's MRI :)

hOLLIANN said...

Ummm...Funny how the good stuff stays in the bowl...I think the chosen word may not be "spilled", I think the chose word should be "dumped".

Unknown said...

Hey Paige, her MRI turned out perfect!

[Morgan] said...

does she inherit this special skill from her mom or her dad?

paige said...

if only you knew tyler, you would NOT have to ask that question. the only difference is everything he spills just ends up on his shirt.

[Morgan] said...

Oh that's funny. I guess clothes are easier to wash though... right?
I changed my site address. I hope you don't mind updating it!
shmorganza.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hey Paige, how did you get it to where your blog is private but I don't have sign in everytime I want to see it? I tried to make mine private and people are having trouble getting on.