7.03.2008

Early to Bed...


Extremely Early to Rise
!!! Why is it that in the summer, when you're supposed to sleep in a little, my children insist on rising as early as the sun. For those of you who don't know what time that is, let me fill you in: 6:00. That is WAY too early for me!!!
(I told them to pretend they were asleep for the picture, so, naturally, Sydney closed her eyes and starting yelling, "Cheese!!!")

I am not a morning person, nor have I ever claimed to be, nor do I ever want to be. I enjoy laying in bed for as long as possible. But, starting at 6-6:30 Nash begins to squawk which leads to Sydney's waking too. Trace usually stammers down stairs around 7 or so and is the last one to enter my bed and start in on me with the, "I'm hungry, I want breakfast now" crap. I hold them off as long as possible until I can't listen to it one more time then lovingly holler "FINE!" I stumble out of bed and pour their favorite sugar-coated cereals. Lately, every morning, Trace announces that he wants what I'm having for breakfast. I have no idea why...maybe I should start eating nasty Grape Nuts...that'll slow him down, in more ways than one.

***Some of you might be thinking, now that I'm getting up so early I should use the extra time to shower...I don't think so, I actually use it to BLOG and Blogstalk.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your life is my life minus one:) I promise you Jacob wakes up every morning about 5:45 am and Hannah usually follows around 6;15 am...now they are good about watching cartoons for a while, but come on! We put them down even later in the summer in hopes they will sleep in, but nooooo not my kids! I feel your pain!

The Mechlings said...

I know I've said this before but THAT IS TOO FUNNY!! and so very Mechling. I wonder if, after a decade of being awakened by 7:00, you will actually become (gasp) a morning person??

paige said...

And the answer is...NO!!!

[Morgan] said...

Sounds familiar. Ellie has been known to fill people in on how cranky her mom is in the morning... a little embarrassing how many cartoons she watches in my bed before I get up and get breakfast! I love that Sydney yelled cheese! She's hilarious.
I can see why you don't want to get out of bed, looks comfy.

hOLLIANN said...

The sun must rise earlier in Spanish Fork. I am sure that the sun doesn't rise until 9 in Provo...and Grape Nuts slowing Trace down...That may speed up the only thing that isn't already on hyperspeed...if you know what I mean!

Kristen said...

I hear ya, Paige. Our house is 6:30 with Gracy and Camden and they wake up so darn happy. All I ask for is 7:30 that would be perfect.

Brenda said...

Paige you are so funny! I love it, a mormon mom that admits that she hates mornings and uses the word crap!! Your kids are getting so big-we miss you guys in the ward. (Brenda Sommers)