8.22.2008

About to Lose It!


Sydney has always known how to turn on the charm, and lately, she's really been workin' it. She has discovered how to NOT get in as much trouble with me when I'm about to lose it.

For example, let's say Sydney has just spilled her drink, again, or "accidentally" peed on the floor, again, or pulled out ALL the dental floss, again, or asked me for the 50th time to watch a show, and she knows I'm about to lose it, she'll quickly with an upbeat voice say,

"You're the BEST Mom EVER!"
or
"I love you the best, Mom!"


And, sometimes if she's running out of time, she'll repeat both over and over again.

I just can't help but NOT lose it.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

You have got to love this age. Gracy has been our hardest and at the same time the cutest. She still gets into everything. Its the whiney voice that drives me nuts. As for potty training we just had luck on our side. Kenzi didn't stop wetting at night until she was 5. I had to buy an alarm system that hooked to her underwear to wake her when it felt the wet because she slept so hard. And Camden was four. That's why I was so shocked with Gracy.

[Morgan] said...

she's a smart cookie. and cute too.

hOLLIANN said...

I would say you are WAY lucky to get a compliment. My kids love to make me lose it...DAILY! They like to sit in their room and laugh about it after they have gotten in trouble. The closest thing I get to a compliment usually involves dogs, and gross things they do....grrr!

Laura said...

Smart kid!! I love the wedding pics, you guys are so cute all decked out--Trace definitley looks like a stud in his suit!! Wow...I feel so honored--you actually considered emailing me :)?! I was so fun to see you and your new little addition! He is adorable and I love your house too! Hang in there, school is starting soon...so you might have a break with Trace, but when do you start to work again?

The Mechlings said...

I'm with Holliann! even if I knew that Cady was working it to wheedle her way out of something, I'd still be happy for the compliment!! so enjoy it while it lasts ...

Kari Ann said...

I'd say she had you figured out! That's pretty cute!