8.01.2008

Dollar Tree

The kids FINALLY earned a dollar so we went to the Almighty Dollar Tree today. This is our third trip and every one proves eventful. Today, Trace chose a gigantic coloring poster thing, and Sydney, another 4-pack of Extra Sugar Free Gum, this time, spearmint. I purchased Gummy Bears for myself, even though I didn't physically earn 20 stars on a chart. I figure, I probably did enough chores this week to earn several packages of Gummy Bears. Plus, I wanted my kids to know that I'm not above Dollar Store treats.

Anyhow, little did I know how entertaining these 3 items would be. When we got home, Sydney starting the daunting task of unwrapping the gum. Trace colored his picture for a few minutes, then asked for 5 Gummy Bears. I reluctantly gave him some.

I am happy to report that I received about 45 minutes of freedom with these purchases. Sydney disappeared to the playroom for awhile, later emerging with all of her gum unwrapped to their bright green nakedness. After this, she drove her nude gum around in the dump truck.

Trace took his 5 Gummies and played with them for an hour before devouring them. Those poor bears didn't even see it coming. I quickly offered him 5 more, which is why I am able to post right now. They are currently jumping off cliffs (aka the kitchen counter).


I think I'm going to be a little more star happy now so we can make the Dollar Tree a weekly trip.

Pop Quiz: What is my favorite brand of Gummy Bears and why???? The first person to answer this correctly will win a year supply of those delicious gummies. (Ok, maybe I'll get ONE bag for you and SEVERAL bags for me). Sorry, Tyler, but you are exempt from this contest.

12 comments:

hOLLIANN said...

Really Paige...nude gum...that is just embarrassing...haven't you taught your kids anything about modesty?

And in my attempt for the year supply of one bag of gummy bears...hold your breath...drum roll...If you are like be you like the black forest ones from costco because they are cheap, and the white ones, when you suck on them, they are see through...and since you seem to have a modesty issue, I would think you would like see through gummy bears...

hOLLIANN said...

And I have now been scolded by Reg for inappropriate comments on the blog! Enjoy!

The Mechlings said...

well, if you're like Ray, your favorite brand of gummy bears is HARIBO!!! am i right?? and isn't the dollar store great?

Mari said...

Do sour patch kids count? No? Yes? At any rate they are my favorite.

paige said...

Ok Jen, it is Haribo, but now you have to answer WHY!!!

Nice try Holli, better luck next time! Tell Reg not to be so stuffy!

Erin said...

ITS BECAUSE THEY ARE HARD!!!! WAHOO I WON YES!!!!

paige said...

Good job everyone. Watch for your treat in the mail....

Megano said...

The contest is over. This is a sad sad day.... maybe post somesing on worming tomorrow. I'll play along then....

cAM said...

Don't think I didn't rock the Dollar store this weekend. With Erin gone, I had to find something to do with the kids.

Kristen said...

I am laughing. One time I took Kenzi and Camden to the dollar store and let them pick out one thing. Camden picked a truck and before we left the store, the door had already fallen off, the sound no longer worked and he had peeled off one one of the stickers. He was still happy though and that truck was well loved.

[Morgan] said...

that german king? wait, are they german?.... can't remember, you know the gold bag.
LOVE the dollar tree, always go for a gift bag and come back with loads of candy!

Brenda said...

Well, I guess if you can brave the dollar store smell, you deserve 45 minutes of peace for $3!!! Good for you.