12.12.2009

Research Opportunity

Today, I decided to take a small sample of how many times one child can actually say "Mommy" during a 30-minute time period.

After the data collection was complete, the final "Mommy" tally gathered from Nash* during a 30-minute sample was 42.

The question is, how many times does a child have to say "Mommy" during the day before the mommy actually begins to lose sanity?

I believe the answer is somewhere around 30.

This means I only had full sanity today from about 7:30 am until 7:50 am.



Tyler, please pick me up at the mental hospital when you get home on Monday.

That is all.


* It should be noted for validity purposes of the study that this was a sample of ONE child, the other two were not accounted for, however, they were contributing on a smaller scale.

5 comments:

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

I can't stop laughing..LOL! I love it, it is so true...if it makes you feel any better, if I had to hear "Mommy" more than 5 times in a 30 minute period I would have a room right across from you in the mental hospital! Saying "Mommy" at my house is like pushing the same button over and over and over, pretty soon Mommy is OUT OF SERVICE hehe:)

Erin said...

love ya sister wife. Between cleaning up my childs throw-up and mommy i might have to pick you up sooner than ty. Love ya see you tomorrow. Hip2save was lame today!!! boo on them

Megano said...

Oh dear... we must craft..... for this is the only thing that can make us feel better!

hOLLIANN said...

Laughing...and still laughing...you should try hoarding...it helps!

The Mechlings said...

I'm scared to conduct the same experiment. It would probably have similar results anyway! and in your defense, if "losing your sanity" looks the way you look/act all day, I aspire to it!! You're an great mom!!