12.08.2009

Sydney

It's been awhile since I had a good Sydney post. She's had a couple of good stories lately, so I'm writing them down, you know, for journaling purposes.

Episode #1

Last night she was brushing her teeth when she suddenly looked up at me and said,

"Mom, do I have walrus teeth?"

Of course, seeing the opportunity to help her kick the thumb sucking habit, I nonchalantly replied,

"Yes. Yes, you do. And they'll get even worse if you don't stop sucking your thumb."

As Sydney's facial expression turned from puzzled to frightened, she proclaimed,



"But Mom, I don't want my teeth to stick outside of my mouth!!!"





After an intense discussion of thumb sucking and the "walrus teeth" consequences, she went to bed trying her very hardest not to suck her thumb. I think she even succeeded.

I'm planning on using this picture as a wallpaper border to redecorate her bedroom:




Who knew this could be so motivating!





Episode B

I was busily working in the kitchen whipping up a gourmet meal, when I couldn't take it no mo'.

"STOP!!!" I reverently hollered to all three midgets.

"STOP SAYING, Mommy!
Mommy? Mommy. Mommy?! Mommy? Mommy!! Mommy! Mommy. Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!!!"

And without even taking a breath, Sydney continues,

"Paige. Paige? Paige! Paige!? Paige! Paige."



::I can't wait for Tyler to get home. 9 days down, 6 days to go! Miss you!::


7 comments:

hOLLIANN said...

I think I will use that picture as my weight loss motivator...who knew it could motivate people from all over...

--your favorite "hoarder" hOLLI

Brenda said...

That's too funny! I am sorry you are a single mother for a long time! (Sorry to out you Holli the Hoarder)

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

That is so cute! I may have to try that on Derek...he can't seem to break the habit either. I love that you "reverently" yelled at your kids hehe:) I feel your pain...hope it goes by quickly for you! Bring your kids over if you need a break:)

P.S...I am glad you liked the m&m's:)

Saedi said...

You always have the best stories! Thanks for these, they made my night!

Erin said...

Ha! I love that Sydney!!!

cAM said...

Is it weird that they all call me Daddy?

The Andersen Adventures said...

Love the motivating walrus! Thanks for the good laughs!
-Cammie