9.25.2010

Seriously

Seriously, why have I not been blogging lately? Because I'M BUSY, MmMmMkAy? I have soccer games to watch and barbies that need to be played with...


Now that that's out of the way, I just wanted to document--fo' the record (I stole that from you Morgan, but you already knew that) what's been going on with us in no particular order. I'll start from our trip to VB and end with, well, the end.


***We went to visit my parents in Virginia Beach the first 2 weeks of August. We had a blast. We exhausted ourselves at the beach daily, to the point where Nash was begging to go home and take a nap. Nice. Cousin Christine came down for a weekend with her clan (send me the pics already, girl) and Sydney and G'Weezie had their annual birthday celebration.


Oh, and, as always we went to Busch Gardens. I'll say it again...I LOVE THIS PLACE:

Hehehe...Sydney was at least trying to be brave...at the beginning.

***Trace started 1st grade. He's loving school except for the recess part. He complains that kids don't want to play with him. Tyler insists that he's just socially awkward like me. I beg your pardon... I'm pretty charming, in a shy-at-first, weird kind of way.


***Sydney started kindergarten and loves it! She has the same teacher Trace had, so she already knew what to expect. She walked into class the first day like she owned the place. She's a social butterfly....much like her daddy, I'm told. Sydney also started dance and gymnastics. Her dance teacher told that she is very coordinated and a natural dancer. No surprise there, she gets that from me.
[Insert Syd's first day of school pic here if I can ever get it off my camera..Arrrrg]



***Nash PREtended to start PREschool. Part of being a great mom is knowing what motivates your child. Well, Nash wouldn't stop hinting around that he wanted to go to school, so I decided to make that a reality for him...as long as there was a reward in it for me. Hence, the potty training began. Once he started meeting his dry underwear criteria, I started to panic to find a preschool for 2 year olds. I offered my friend, Saedi, a box-o-peaches (she'll do anything for food), to let Nash come for a few hours to her day care and, viola! Everybody was happy. I'm genius, I know. And so are you, Saedi (thanks again!).



***Tyler, although too busy for extracurricular activities during "Corn Season", did find the time to explore his wild facial hair side and grow out an attractive new beard thing. It screams Brigham Young...or is it John Deere? I can't decide.



***Trace joined the "Lynx" this year for an intense soccer season. Let's be honest, no one really knows their actual record, but it's safe to say, the Lynx kicked some 1st grade butt. Sydney took to photography at each of his games. Check out these shots:


***The "Corn Season" ended tragically for the Jackson kids when they fell off the forklift one Sunday afternoon. Nash and Sydney emerged with a few scrapes, but Trace ended up with 8 stitches and some nasty cuts in his mouth...which led to some seriously bad breath later on that week.



***Trace had a burfday and turned the big 0-7! I threw him a pretty amazing party at the one and only, Classic Skating (well, the one and only one in Orem). It was a good time filled with skating, scootering, snowballs, Icees, pizza, cupcakes, and uninvited guests (Will). Trace still can't figure out how the DJ knew his name. When the birthday boy got to request a song, there was no hesitation from Trace. Bring on, "Who Let the Dogs Out" (who who who who--you know you're singin it)


***I had yet another "teaching moment" with my children about cleanliness and respect for toys. After countless times of asking them to "kindly" clean up the playroom, I warned them I was going to take all the toys away. Well, I did just that, much to Sydney's dismay. It was a proud moment for me.


They are still earning their coveted possessions back one at a time, and the playroom is once again a huge disaster. Lesson learned.

***I started running (and I use the term "running" VERY loosely). Yes, in case you didn't catch that in my last post, it is true. I am doing the 2 things I hate the most in life. 1) getting up early and B) RuNnIng! What the...? I must say though, it makes me a better mom, which is pretty hard to do. Thx again Saedi...


***Megan & Stefano had baby Gianni on Sept. 21st. And, Chris and Erin's twins are due in a few weeks. This seems like a nice segway to announce that I'm expecting. But, I'm not. It was a nice segway tho, yes?



The End. I promised.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Great to know what's been going on with your cute family all summer. You go girl, great job on the toy room, it's an ongoing battle until all the kids are grown and gone! (And then the grandkids start in...)

Saedi said...

Oh shoot, I love you. I am busting a gut about your "segway" at the end. I was thinking, "WHAT?" All that time we spend together at 6:30am in the freezing cold and you didn't tell me??? You were almost in some serious trouble!

Saedi said...

Oh, I also loved the comment, "She'll do anything for food". Classic and totally true!

The Mechlings said...

wow, you're in rare form in this one, Paige!!! You're a hoot, and a good mom to boot!! impressed that you had the ca-jones to take the kids' toys away ...

hOLLIANN said...

Seriously...all of the Jackson's fell off the forklift...sounds fishy to me!