9.13.2008

Happy Birthday to Trace!


Today, "Baby Trace" as we used to call him, turned 5 years-old! I have to say that Trace has been a wonderful child to have as our first. Here are some words that I would use to describe him:
  • Courteous
  • Friendly
  • Helpful
(He's pretty much got the Boy Scout motto down)
  • Daring (when it comes to the important things like roller coasters!)
  • Cautious
  • Curious
  • Cooperative
  • Slightly Stubborn
  • Humorous
  • A Great big Brother
  • Smart
We got him a bike for his birthday...I guess we're a little slow in this department since some kids his age are already riding without training wheels. But, I figured he couldn't even pedal the tricycle so why waste money on a bike? I know why now...he loves it and HE CAN RIDE IT! He's been riding it all day. I'm not sure how many times he told me thank you for the bike! What a good kid.


After the big unveiling of the bike, we took him out to breakfast. Cracker Barrel was not exactly his first choice, but we think he enjoyed it anyway!


Caution: This birthday blog is getting long, but the rest of it is merely for our pure enjoyment when Trace is older. Stop reading here if you have any kind of life or something else interesting to do. Seriously. Get a life.

Okay, this poster is what his preschool teacher sent home for him to fill out and color. He could NOT wait to get to work on it when he got home. He is so proud of it and every few minutes wants to know where it is so we don't lose it for his school party on Tuesday.


Now, to the left, we have an artist's rendering of the cake that I was supposed to make. I'm not sure why there is a window of white frosting on it, but the real deal turned out to be all white anyway. He insisted on helping me frost it, so he won't be shocked when he sees a snow storm instead of a chocolate sea. I told him I'd decorate it tonight while he was in bed. So, as you can tell in the picture on the right, there is a delicious chocolate cake with butter cream frosting (it's weird that we have the same favorite cake) and... my interpretation...of his drawing. Thought I'd spice it up a little. I realize it's a little ghetto-fabulous, but it was made with love.







5 comments:

hOLLIANN said...

Happy Birthday Trace! And that cake...Nothing ghetto about homemade... Homemade is way out of my league!

Kristen said...

He was a cute baby. It seems like yesterday you and I were in the nursery pregnant with the girls.

[Morgan] said...

love the artwork!
what a handsome 5 year old!

The Mechlings said...

glad to hear that Baby Trace had a great birthday!! We love you, Trace!!

Megano said...

when the pics came up before I read anything I TOTALLY thought those were pictures of Nash.. they look SO MUCH alike... what little cuties!!!!!!!!!! Love him!