10.28.2008

It's Halloween week and here is an EXCLUSIVE sneek peek at what the little ankle-biters are going to be...


Okay, that was a little more than just a sneek peek.  Consider yourself lucky, very, very lucky.  

Nash was going to be a dog, however, since he was not thrilled about being stuffed into a way-to-small costume, he is being excused from this year's dressing-up.  Next year, I will try to buy him a costume that fits (oh, yeah, and Trace too).  

Very nice transition to the Trace costume saga.  Trace has been telling me for months that he wants to be an elephant for Halloween.  It is, after all, his favorite animal.  Well, after some half-ass searching (I can say that because my own mother has said it before, half-ass, that is, and it's the only swear word I've ever heard Weezie say.  And, the only one I've ever written. Anyways, back to my story...), I discovered that elephant costumes are abundant, if you're 0-24 months old.  Hmmmmm. 

Then, one day, a discovery of enormous magnitude!!!  As I was searching ebay...I found a large enough elephant costume AND his name was HORTON!!!  I thought to myself "Extra brownie points for me...he loves elephants and Horton Hears a Who!!!"    
Best Mom of the Year Award, commin' up!  
Needless to say, Trace was ecstatic when I showed him the picture of the shy little boy modeling the costume online.  So, every day for four days, we went to the mailbox with great anticipation.  It FINALLY arrived yesterday, TWO SIZES TOO SMALL!!!   
Damn you EBAY!!! (ooops, that's #2)
Now, I have a young, tender innocent 5 year-old (the size of a 6 year-old) who is convinced that his costume fits okay--a little snug, but okay.  Nevermind the pants come to his kneecaps and the hood straps do not come around far enough to velcro.  And, I'm sure you can imagine the major wedgie he's got goin' on....
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
PS--While we were waiting for the miniature Horton costume to arrive, Trace was fortunate enough to borrow Mr. Incredible for a Halloween party.  Thanks, Gina!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's hilarious...but very very sad! Jacob's Iron Man costume is too small too, but oh well, he can wear it without being in pain so that's good enough! Happy Halloween!

The Mechlings said...

yeah, my first thought when I saw the pic was "wait! I thought Trace was going to be an elephant!" bummer for Trace. I'm sure once the candy starts to roll in, however, he won't care what he's wearing!!

hOLLIANN said...

Sad...but hilarious! And who the &*$% taught you to swear. I give lessons every other Monday. Half-ass is just a mini donkey, and you at your attempt to cuss...back to the subject...we missed you at the hoopla. You need to come and trounce through the maze before it falls down...and Happy Halloween! At least you have one happy princess!

[Morgan] said...

ha ha ha.
i read this yesterday and am still laughing!
not that trace not having his costume on time is funny....
you are too funny paige dear.