10.30.2008

My Little Pumpkins' Preparation Week

With Halloween quickly approaching, I've been dedicated to preparing my children for the BIG NIGHT.  It's taken us all week, but the results are becoming apparent.  They're up to two pieces of candy per hour with minimal side effects.  Thank goodness I bought my candy for the trick-or-treaters early so that we could be taste-testing it all week. 

They've also been doing house laps/stairs all week long to increase their stamina. I hate weak trick-or-treaters that complain after RUNNING/WALKING a few streets.  There will be no whinning as they run/are dragged door-to-door with a growing TREAT BAG!

I've also been randomly jumping out of closets/rooms to prepare them for the scary events that may or may not take place.  No one likes a scare-D-cat, so don't worry about my kids being the annoying ones with the high-pitched screams.  It's now more like a low-pitched moan/cry.  Much easier on the ears.  And, you're welcome in advance.

All this preparation leads us to one great thing..., my children will soon have stashes of candy forme to protect.  It's my job, and I take it very seriously.
 




5 comments:

[Morgan] said...

ha ha ha. i can just picture you hiding and jumping out to scare your children.
what a good mother you are to prepare your children so well.

hOLLIANN said...

My favorite part about Halloween is all the candy with "razor blades" in it...as in that snickers looks yummy, I mean that snickers looks like it is laced with drugs...let mommy take that one!

Megano said...

I for reals had such a headache kz of laughing so hard... love it!!! It was a halloween for the records:)

Kari Ann said...

You are hillarous! I feel better about 'protecting' Bode's now, thanks for helping me justify eating a lot of it. I was kind of feeling guilty about it yesterday.Sorry about the elephant, he is a cute Mr. Incredible.

Erin said...

i know how you are when a starburst comes into play. it's good that trace and sydney are learning the proper way to trick or treat. and the scare tactic? pure genius.