10.06.2008

Tyler came to me this morning after trying to turn on a show for Sydney and in a cracked voice said, "Do you know why the TV isn't working?"

My initial thought was, just trying pushing the power button, honey. If any of you have a husband like mine, their first instinct when something seems broken or appears to be lost (wallet, keys, cell phone) is to immediately ask the wife without troubleshooting on their own first. WHY??? Because we have all the answers, and, it's just plain easier to ask the wife than take 5 minutes to figure it out solo.

Anyways, that was just a random tangent. Back to the TV. I asked Tyler all the appropriate questions, starting with "What do you mean?" When he explained further, he had done some troubleshooting on his own, to which I give him credit!!! Come to find out, the Direct TV box won't turn on, on either TV. Uh Oh! This is very bad news for those in this household who are addicted to TV, and they shall remain nameless.

I quickly had a great idea, since I'm tired of the non-stop TV watching. I asked Tyler,
"Why don't we have a week of no TV?"

After the shock wore off of his face, his answer was, "Why would we do that?"

Because, I thought to myself, I'm not calling Direct TV to have them come fix it!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Ha Ha, I love it, my hubby would DIE if we had a week of no tv. We did do that on occasion when the kids were younger, we got tired of the fighting and not enough homework getting done, etc. It was way easier for some of us than others!

hOLLIANN said...

Haa! That is so funny! We don't have tv anymore. It was such a pain to switch companies, just on behalf of the cougs/jazz, so I send Reg to my parents to watch his games, and the kids go there too when they want to watch cartoons...That is win win to me. Extra 500 per year in my pocket, or to spend on shoes...I'll take it! As for me...I watch shows on my trusty little laptop. I can also find a lot of cartoons on there when necessary!

hOLLIANN said...

And I was just feeling like my last comment wasn't long enough, so I wanted to tell you, from deep within my heart...Happy October!

Erin said...

what! no tv? i think if i said that to anyone in my family i would be tried for treason. we are way too addicted over hear. as you already know by my kids singing all the cartoon anthems and teaching them to your kids. "What's gonna work....team work...."

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

I'm not nearly as worried about Tyler not having TV as I am about SYDNEY! I'm sure you'll be hearing about this non-stop! And I'll probably be lucky enough to be hearing about it tomorrow too! : )

The Mechlings said...

that is too funny!! I'm with you on the no TV thing (for a little while!) ... I get so tired of fighting the TV battle with the kids (CADY!) every day!!

[Morgan] said...

no tv? why, what would i do with the children? heh heh heh.

GageThompson said...

I think we can all relate..you are definitely not alone. Why do we have all the answers?