2.16.2009

President's Day Weekend Getaway...

We managed to make a trip down to St. George this weekend to enjoy a little R-n-R and warmer weather. We were going to leave Thursday night, but luckily, Big Steve clued us in to the fact that there was a huge wreck on I-15 and the weather conditions were bad. This actually worked out very nicely for a certain mean mom and her naughty kids.

I spent the majority of my day kindly asking the children to "be nice, calm down, stop hollering, clean your room, don't smother Nash". So, after Tyler and I decided it would be best to leave for St. George in morning, I saw a great teaching moment. I gathered the "kids gone wild" at 7:00 pm and sat them down for a serious talk that went something like this...

I asked you guys a hundred times today to be good, be nice, and help me get ready for St. George, but you were not good listeners, were you? (this rhetorical question prevoked some wimpers)

Because you chose not to listen to mom, we are not going to St. George tonight. (Loud, loud whailing from Sydney begins, utter disbelief clouds Trace's face)

BUT! If you listen now and go to bed quickly and quietly, we can go in the morning when you wake up.
Hooray! Trace exclaimed
Okay. Muttered Sydney

I felt a little bad about doing this, but I easily got over it as I plopped down on the couch at 7:05.

So, Friday morning, we were off and in only three short hours I was partaking of a delicious hamburger and fresh cut fries...yum..

I love, love, love this place (who doesn't?). And, for all of you in Utah who haven't heard yet, there's another one coming!

So, the rest of our time in St. George consisted of swimming, eating, swimming, watching tv, swimming, playing cards with Ben and Kimmie, and, you guessed it, swimming. Oh, we also discovered a new park that the kids loved, and that's the only place I took some pics.












Oh, and for those of you still concerned about my recent medical condition, I am actually doing very well. No major dizzy episodes since Wednesday! However, with this huge snow storm coming in tonight, and the looks of a very fun work commute tomorrow, it's very possible that I might have some symptoms tomorrow morning.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Love, love, loved the "teaching moment" - ha ha ha - revenge is sweet!

[Morgan] said...

eh? draper?.... awesome.

Julie and Kyle said...

next time, you must stop in beaver and say hi! i'll let this time slip. looks like you had fun!

summonz said...

Paige you are the best! Sorry to hear about your ear...my sister got that and was sooo dizzy! That's so crazy! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun on your trip! Let's do something soon!!!

hOLLIANN said...

Oh Paige...you are a mean, mean, very mean mom...do you teach a class? I would love the tricks!

Kristine said...

Paige thanks for your kind words. It is humbling to know that I have children praying for me. Please hug Trace and Sydney for me and let Trace know that I am so thankful for his prayers and know Heavenly Father is listening and helping me. love, Kris

Megano said...

sure wish I got invited to pres day get a way... just sayin

The Mechlings said...

paige, you are so funny!! and Nash looks so very hip in his little hoodie. AND the next time we come to UT, we are SOOOOO stopping at the new In-n-Out in Draper ... if it's open!!! woo hoo!