3.02.2009

First Kiss

Last week Sydney had her first official play date!

Her date was Ethan, cutest little boy at preschool.

They played.


They ate.


They made cookies.



They watched cartoons.




AND...






They kissed!!!


Don't worry, I immediately had "the talk" with Sydney about how we don't kiss on the FIRST play date. Maybe the second or third. We don't want people to get the wrong impression.

I was also surprised by the fact that Sydney was the aggressor. I thought for sure Ethan made the first move, but after talking to his mom, Saedi, I found out Syd went in for the kill, and all day Ethan kept asking his mom, "Why did Sydney kiss me?"

Sorry Ethan, I couldn't pull any answers out of her either.

7 comments:

Celeste Miller said...

Oh my gosh! I can't wait to talk to you about this tomorrow afternoon. I was so sad I didn't get to see you Thursday afternoon.

It was hilarious. Sydney came home from her play date extremely happy, skipping around and twirling her precious blanket. Within a few moments she announced matter-of-factly, "I kissed the boy with the green shirt!"

Then when Trace got home a few minutes later, she expanded the story to Trace. "Trace, I kissed Ethan!" Oh man, it was hilarious to watch the two of them talk about it. Love it. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

HAHAHA!!! I am cracking up!!...I love it:)

Saedi said...

You are hilarious! Yep, it's almost as fun as the Playboy Mansion. You forgot about the part where Ethan proposed the next day. Remember, the wedding march was playing......it was so romantic. We are in so much trouble!

Megano said...

THAT is GENIUS!!!! I love go syd!!! She doen't mess around.. she is going to get her some:) she is SO stinkin cute!

[Morgan] said...

i hope you're still posting when she's a teenager... :)
paige, you always make-a-me laugh.

hOLLIANN said...

Hey you have got to love a little girl that lets the guy know how she feels. And from a mom with all little boys...at least she is kissing, and not punching, spitting or kicking.

The Mechlings said...

i know that i say this about nearly everything you post but ... that is HILARIOUS!! go syd!!