4.17.2008

Fun Jackson moments...

Trace was outside playing in our GiNorMous dIRt pIt yesterday. I came out to take a picture and this is what he was so excited to tell me:


"Mom look!!! It's our first piece of grass!!!"


MiSs pErsOnaLiTy

Yesterday, I took the kids to the health dept. to get vaccines. Unfortunately, Sydney was way overdue for one of her shots. And, in my mind, I'm picturing myself holding a screaming Syd down for her shot while trying to keep track of wandering Trace and holding Nash's binky in his mouth with my elbow. So naturally, I asked Tyler to accompany me to help with the whole ordeal. Tyler took a separate car so he could go to work afterwards.

As we are driving to the HD, I decide to tell Sydney
what was about to go down. As I'm telling her that she and Nash are getting shots, Trace is continuously saying, Syd and Nash need shots, but I don't need a shot, do I mom? (once again Trace, no, you don't need a shot today). So, I'm trying to explain to Sydney what a shot is, and I had an epiphany. I decided to tell her it's like medicine--music to little Sydney's ears!!! The girl LOVES her some meds!

So, we get to the HD and as I'm filling out the paperwork, Syd is pacing and repeating, rather loudly,
"Can I get my shot now?" Everyone in the waiting room keeps chuckling as she says it over and over and over . Then, we get to the nurse who says, why do you want to get a shot? Sydney announces, "So we can get out of here!" Makes sense to me. So, Sydney gets her shot (I probably didn't even have to hold her because she didn't even FLINCH) and we got out of there!! A dum dum sucker was all she wanted after the shot, and I was the only one stressed!

By the way, some of you may be wondering, what happened to Tyler
?? Apparently, aliens abducted him for 20 minutes, erased his memory and dropped him off at Disneyland. That would have been a much better story than "I got distracted talking on my phone and just drove to my office on auto-pilot." Because that's a lame excuse. Honey, I forgive you.


Here's one more great Sydney story from today:


We took the whole family to Park City
to do some shopping at the outlets. While we were in Old Navy, we walked by a teenager who was Hispanic. Sydney casually says "Hola!" Not once, but twice "Hola!!!" Sadly, this young amigo didn't hear her, because I'm sure if he did, he would have chatted with her for hours in Spanish. Sydney is very P.C.

Here's a little post for the Nash-meister:
Mommy loves you so much because you slept for 9 hours last night! You're my boy BLUE!

4 comments:

paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hOLLIANN said...

Love the stories - they are so funny. I hope you have the site fixed!

hOLLIANN said...

Oh! it is fixed! Now I can leave all my stupid comments!

Megano said...

Oh my goodness!! Syd is genius!! GENIUS GENIUS I tell you! I love the shot story....I feel stupid that I'm more scared of shots then a 2 year old.. oh no! We're going to be leaving on Sat...:( boohoo! I will miss my paige!