5.15.2008

Team Spirit...

Any guesses as to which member of our family was NOT wearing their Jazz jersey yesterday? I'll give you one hint...it wasn't me! I sincerely believe that's why they lost, Tyler. Where is your sense of team spirit? Yes siree, I had mine on (well, it wasn't on ALL day, but I did have it on at Costco and got quite a few looks and some shout outs!) I did all I could. But, still no "W"

We've still got tomorrow's home game. Which, who knows, maybe I'll be surprised with tickets again. I think it's more likely that I'll be surprised with a five o'clock call Friday afternoon. On the other end, after some small talk, I'll hear,
"So, what are we doing tonight?"
Me: "Ummm, I haven't made any plans"
Caller: "Umhm."
Silence
Caller: "Oh, Will has tickets to the game tonight. Do you care if I go? I mean, I don't have to go if you want to get a babysitter and go do something else. I'd really like to go, but I don't have to. It's no big deal."
Deafening Silence
Disgruntled me: "Whatever. It doesn't matter to me."
Caller: "Ok, I'll be home after the game."
Disgruntled me "Fine." (profanity muttered under my breath as I hang up the phone)

And that's how it usually goes down.

I will say though, out of sheer love for my husband that I am now routing for the Jazz because I know how much it means to him. I mean, who knows what Tyler's life will be like if they win the championship. I'll leave it at that and let your mind imagine the possibilities.

3 comments:

The Mechlings said...

I hope that the Jazz keep winning just so that these hilarious postings about them keep on coming!!!

hOLLIANN said...

What more can I say besides - ha ha ha - That was funny, and Reg and I were thinking that the jazz lost because the superfan ie. tyler did not fly to the game.

And...Paige, I always knew you had an inner sailor in you!

Erin said...

paige i love you. I guess if we can't beat um join um right? if he goes we are going somewhere before you go to virgina!!!