5.30.2008

Utah, I'd like to introduce...

you to my favorite things I can only get while in Virginia (or other Southeastern states). Here they are in no particular order:

  1. Wise Cheez Doodles--love, love, love them. Sorry, Chester Cheeto, you don't even come close to the puffiness of Wise.
  2. Cindy's Homemade 18 layer Cake--Bet you didn't know a cake could have this many layers. And, here's a hint, don't try to make your own, just go to the random gas station near the Outer Banks and BUY one!
  3. Pickled Okra--I happen to love ANYTHING pickled, but okra, mmmm buddy it is good, good, good. I know my Utah friends are thinking I'm speaking in some kind of foreign dialect. Well, I am. It's called red neck. I will settle for the store bought kind or Ray's homemade version which is very delicious. Pictured below is me and Jon pickling okra last summer...
  4. Cheerwine! This is a yummy soda that everyone should have the chance to taste. It falls on the Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb spectrum, but this one's the best! As I was looking for a picture of it on the internet, I discovered that there's an entire BLOG devoted to this cherry flavored "pop." http://randomactsofsampling.blogspot.com/
  5. Panera Bread Company. This sandwich/bread shop is one of my favorite places for lunch when I'm home. Sadly, I didn't have time to eat there, but there's always next time.
BLOG ADDENDUM:::Tyler's favorite place to eat while in Hickville--the Waffle House. It just doesn't get any greaser, uh I mean, better than that!

4 comments:

Megano said...

L-O-V-E the the post sista friend... but I MUST say I'm a Jackson (as far as I've been told) and I LOVE the rollercoster!!!BUT I guess we all know I'm a little different! :) I'm glad you had fun! Love the post sista!

hOLLIANN said...

I cannot be supportive of pickled or okra...or grits...or collard greens. The collard greens weren't too bad, but the rest...But I still love coasters!

paige said...

oh come now holli, you need to try grits made by me before you judge! Now, collard greens? NASTY!!!

The Mechlings said...

HICKVILLE??? I'm offended!! and how in the world could they not have Cheez-doodles in UT??