2.17.2010

Deja Vu

Tyler's in Vegas again working with his dad.

I'm having deja vu from two months ago when he was gone for two weeks, and I was doing research projects.

Yesterday, I decided to end the mundane repetition that is our life, and get out of the house...

Crazy, I know.

I took Nash to story time at the library. This is a serious deviation from his rigorous tv schedule, but it was more for my sanity. (Erin and Cher came along so I could have some adult conversation!)

Next, we hit McDonald's for some happy meals and a play date. We met Saedi and her boys. If you'll recall Sydney's first kiss was with Ethan, Saedi's little boy. They haven't seen each other for quite some time, but when it's true love, it doesn't matter. Sydney kept calling Ethan, "Ian", and told him repeatedly that she really, really likes him. They were inseparable, but fortunately, I don't think they found time to kiss (as far as we know).
Nothing like rekindling your first romance at the germ-infested McDonald's playplace.

The last thing we did was made cookies and then took some to Tyler's grandparents. They live just a few minutes away from us and are the sweetest, kindest people. I feel bad that we don't go over more often. I always enjoy visiting with them.

I feel like I have 3 sets of grandparents. I'm glad that my kids have the chance to know their great-grandparents too!





It was a good day. Now, what should we do today?!?

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Good for you! I'm sure the boy can make up for missing TV by skipping his nap and catching up. Great pic of the kids and grands!

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

Despite your Valentines Day indifference, you still got a fun trip to St. George, right? Plus, I am sure you didn't go completely giftless. I'm guessing Syd had a V-day pencil with your name on it :)

Wow you guys had quite a day! Don't worry about Nash's missed TV time--I'm sure we could make up for it tomorrow.

Saedi said...

You are so fun! I told Dan about Sydney and Ethan's little love connection yesterday, and he laughed and laughed. Those two are something else, that's for sure!

Erin said...

such a good mama.

hOLLIANN said...

You need to come over...and I still haven't sent the new card. I have to find the old one...or the extras...I am a mess! But still laughing!